Monday 1 March 2010

eXe

eXe is another open source software designed for the Education market. It is a web based tool for designing integrated resources.
It can be downloaded and run locally or can be downloaded to a memory / flash drive and run directly from the stick. The advantage of that is that you do not need to have it installed on the machine you are using, and like Hot Potatoes published material is run through a web browser so that again it is readily portable and can be operated anywhere there is an Internet browser. The difference between Hot Potatoes and eXe is that all the resources are integrated. There is the opportunity to produce case studies, and selection of different formats of questions - fill the gaps and many more types of worksheets.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, as I joined in 2nd year, I am interested to know about the hot potato game, do you have a link so I can see what it is about? Any fun game which I could adapt may help me with my students recapping etc. Thanks

    ReplyDelete